Luxury Vinyl Flooring in Red Deer, AB
Vinyl floors are perfectly suited for Central Alberta’s unforgiving climate. Durable, waterproof, and budget-friendly, today’s vinyl flooring offers up all your favorite hardwood and tile looks. It’s a stunning addition to any home, business, school, or even hotel.
Red Deer Carpet One Floor & Home can fulfill all your vinyl flooring needs. Leaning toward vinyl flooring for your next renovation project? Here are some things to consider.
Why Choose Vinyl Flooring?
Although we love Canadian-milled hardwood flooring and porcelain tile, vinyl flooring has some definite advantages over these popular favorites
Variety is the name of the game, and vinyl planks and vinyl tiles are made using photographic image layers of your favorite tiles and woods. There are even vinyl planks made to resemble rustic barn boards, down to every delicate imperfection but minus the slivers.
Unlike real wood floors, vinyl flooring is easy to care for, resists moisture, and won’t scratch. It’s a perfect pick for parents and pet lovers.
Types of Vinyl Flooring
Vinyl floors come in three distinct forms: sheet vinyl, vinyl plank, and vinyl tile.
- Sheet vinyl flooring is sold by the roll, but make no mistake: this isn’t Grandma’s old linoleum! Modern sheet vinyl looks incredible, is easy to repair, and is fully waterproof. It’s even cushioned for daily comfort, bringing the most realistic, designer looks.
- Vinyl tiles are designed to impersonate natural stone and ceramic. Use vinyl tile as wall paneling as well as a sturdy floor. Grout is never needed but can add a touch of realism.
- Vinyl plank flooring is sturdy and resists moisture, unlike actual hardwood. It’s increasingly popular for whole-home flooring due to its incredible visuals. There are hundreds of options in every colour and finish, length, and width.
Is Vinyl Flooring Waterproof?
Not all vinyl flooring is waterproof, but every product can withstand reasonable moisture levels.
Waterproof vinyl floors have an added reinforced backing and core. Splashes and other accidents are thus trapped on the surface, where they can be removed with a dry cloth and zero consequence.
Here are just a few of the many spaces where vinyl flooring can flourish:
- Finished Basements
- Living Rooms
- Half Baths
- Powder Rooms
- Grocery Stores
- Condo Common Areas
Planning Your Vinyl Installation
Need help with a residential or commercial vinyl flooring installation? Consult our friendly experts! We can even make custom nosings, floor vents, and flooring transitions for an exact match.
Vinyl planks and tiles are available in glue-down and floating (click) configurations and there are several things to consider when deciding which is right for you.
- Subfloor: Often, glue-down vinyl requires an additional subfloor underlayment for a smooth, flat finish. This means additional expense, more installation time, and a higher finished height of your floor. Floating vinyl can be installed over rough subfloors and sometimes even old flooring.
- Rolling Loads: Click vinyl doesn’t handle rolling loads as well as a fully adhered floor. If there are wheelchairs or rolling appliances, consider a glue-down installation.
- Grouting: Vinyl tile can be grouted, making it virtually indistinguishable from real tile. However, click vinyl cannot be grouted, so If you desire this look, choose a glue-down installation.
- Expansion and Contraction: With the region’s significant changes in temperature, vinyl can expand and contract. Floating floors allow for movement by having gaps at all the walls and transitions, meaning extra transitions should be installed in doorways and up against another flooring. Glue-down vinyl can avoid those extra transitions, but care must be taken in areas where drastic temperature changes occur.
Our Vinyl Flooring Inventory
We offer all the best vinyl flooring brands, including:
- Biyork Floors
- Nature’s Walk
- Twelve Oaks
As members of the Carpet One cooperative, we share our expansive buying power and low vinyl flooring prices with our valued customers.
To learn more, please visit us soon in our Red Deer showroom, or start browsing our vinyl flooring online today.